FORMULATING A BETTER FUTURE
Future Made Better is our journey toward reducing our environmental impact and improving the
communities we serve. Working toward a healthier planet means Kiehl’s is creating more responsible formulas with
renewable ingredients and sustainable packaging, while improving the materials we use in our stores.
SHOP OUR MADE BETTER FORMULAS
MORE FORMULA TO LOVE, LESS PLASTIC USED
DOING OUR PART
More than a mission, Kiehl’s Does is responsibility in action. It’s what we’re doing now to generate less waste and reduce
carbon emissions through the formula ingredients we use and the packaging materials we choose.
DOING OUR PART
More than a mission, Kiehl’s Does is responsibility in action. It’s what we’re doing now to generate less waste and reduce carbon emissions through the formula ingredients we use and the packaging materials we choose.
FORMULAS MADE BETTER
We formulate our products to improve the overall health of your skin and with the wellbeing of the environment in mind.
- 98% of our formulas are made with at least 3 renewable ingredients – which means they can be replenished or regrown.
- We watch our water usage in manufacturing and have reduced water waste by 78% to date.
- The raw ingredients we source support responsible farming practices in over 600 communities worldwide
PACKAGING MADE BETTER
We aim to use recycled materials in all our packaging and only use secondary packaging for our formulations when necessary.
- 73% of our products do not have a carton.
- Over 80% of our packages are made with recycled materials
RECYCLING MADE BETTER
We recycle and reuse in our manufacturing and in our stores. We encourage our customers to get involved with our Recycle & Be Rewarded program and reusable bag policy. Learn more at your neighborhood Kiehl’s.
- Since 2009, the Recycle & Be Rewarded program has recycled over 13 million empty jars and bottles
- We save 85 tons of paper by no longer offering single-use paper bags in store
With the support of our Kiehl’s community, we are able to improve the communities around us most in need. Since 2015,
your generosity has helped us to give over $17.5M to causes supporting the LGTBQ+, children’s wellbeing and more.