AIDS Research and Prevention
Kiehl’s has long contributed to efforts related to the cure and research of AIDS. By raising both awareness and funds in connection with AIDS charities around the world, we aim to make a significant impact on the number of HIV/AIDS cases contracted throughout the world.
- 1996: Kiehl’s partnered with Magic Johnson on the creation of Magic’s Elixir, a body cleanser, in which 100% of net profits are donated to the Magic and Cookie Johnson AIDS Foundation.
- 1997: Kiehl’s and amfAR collaborated on Hand Care for a Cure, a hand salve, which benefits the organization and its mission.
- 2002: Kiehl’s reintroduced the perennial customer favorite, Eucalyptus Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser, in which all profits from sales are donated to YouthAIDS.
- 2004: Kiehl’s was honored to be a major contributor at the 15th Annual International AIDS Conference in Bangkok, Thailand. Along with partner YouthAIDS, Kiehl’s hosted an educational event for Asian media to help disseminate information about HIV/AIDS, its spread, and the dire state of youth and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the region.
- 2005: Following on the success of Eucalyptus Body Cleanser, Kiehl’s launched a limited edition Grapefruit Hand & Body Cleanser, in which all profits from sales are donated to YouthAIDS.
- 2006: Kiehl’s turned its focus to encourage fundraising amongst college students with the Kiehl’s College Challenge. This incentive-based campaign raised over $50,000 in two months by rewarding college students with Kiehl’s products for fundraising programs that raised at least $1,000 for YouthAIDS.
- 2007: Kiehl’s organized Shop for Cause at Kiehl’s US freestanding stores in which 100% of net profits from all sales on December 1st are donated to YouthAIDS.
- 2008: Kiehl’s donated 100% of net profits from the sale of Limited Edition Lip Balm #1 to YouthAIDS and other AIDS-related charities around the world.
- 2009: Kiehl’s donates 100% of net profits from the sale of Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve to amFAR and other AIDS-related charities around the world.