Maintaining a soft, healthy beard requires two things: care and grooming. Beard care is all about nourishing the facial hair and skin underneath to keep it clean, hydrated, and flake-free, and beard grooming means keeping your beard soft, smooth, and tamed. Together, these steps ensure yours feels comfortable and looks its best.
For men who don’t spend much time in front of the mirror, Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil can be used for quick and easy grooming. Lightweight and readily absorbed, it quickly softens facial hair and comforts skin for no-fuss grooming.
Sleek & Short Beard
Kiehl’s Creme with Silk Groom is a great companion to care for short beards or second-day scruff. With Silk Powders and readily absorbed oils to nourish skin – including Jojoba oil – our lightweight cream is a customer favorite for smooth grooming.
If you experience itchiness or flakiness under your beard – then you likely have a dry beard. There are steps you can take to maintain your beard and care for skin dryness underneath. Our Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil formula, with an earthy, aromatic blend of Sandalwood and Cedarwood, helps exfoliate and nourish dead, dry and itchy skin – to help prevent "beardruff." It also smoothes and tames for a hydrated, healthy-looking beard.
soft & full beard
Are you growing a long beard? If so, proper care and upkeep is essential. Kiehl’s Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil is here to help. The formula is infused with Amazonian Pracaxi oil – to simultaneously smooth and soften unruly beard hair while hydrating facial skin. Plus, an essential blend of Sandalwood and Eucalyptus provides a woodsy aromatic finish.
For facial hair mavericks, our nourishing oil is a versatile tool for smoothing and taming facial hair styles. Our lightweight formula, with Pracaxi Oil, helps hair while soothing dry rough skin after shaving with one of our top formulas like Smooth Glider Precision Shave Lotion.
Kiehl’s has a heritage of serving male customers with products specifically formulated to meet their skin’s needs. We continue the tradition with Grooming Solutions™ Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil – one of our most highly requested formulas.
- Before growing a beard, you’ll want to keep in mind your facial shape, your hair texture, and how much time you have to dedicate to hair maintenance.
- The skin has natural oils that lubricate the beard, but weather and a daily routine typically strip these. That’s why a product like Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil is so important.
- Beard Oil should do three things: it should absorb quickly, condition, and add shine.
- Every beard grooming toolkit needs the basics:
- A comb for detangling and overall grooming
- Adjustable clipper for maintenance
- Scissors for detail work
- Razor for shaving
- Beard Oil for conditioning and grooming
Dispense a few drops of Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil in palms and smooth over hands and fingers. Gently brush your fingers down the sides of your beard along the cheeks, chin and neck as well. And if you have a mustache, use your fingertips to coat the hair.
Don’t Forget Your Hair
Smooth any remaining Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil product on your hands through your hair and scalp. This oil adds shine and control for a heathy-looking hairstyle.
After applying oil, finish with a comb to smooth and style your beard.
For the face
Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash
- Formulated with Caffeine, vitamins, and invigorating citrus extracts to refresh and waken skin
- Prepares skin for a less irritating, more comfortable shave
- Helps skin resist the effects of environmental stress and gives even dull, tired-looking skin a fresher, healthier appearance
For the beard
Nourishing Beard Grooming Oil
- Lightweight formula softens facial hair, while soothing dry rough skin from unwanted itchiness, for a comfortable touchable beard.
- 99% natural aromatic treatment oil for beards and the skin underneath
- Lightweight, for a non-greasy, "clean feel." Perfect for all skin types
For the body
Body Fuel All-in-One Energizing Wash
- With Menthol & Zinc to refresh and purify
- Leaves skin and scalp feeling conditioned and energized for a full "body high"
- Silicon-free. Sulfate-free. Paraben-free
For most men, skincare isn’t usually the first subject that comes to mind, but did you know physiologically men’s skin is 30-40% thicker than woman’s skin? Plus, it has more oil-producing glands, larger pores, and is more exposed to UV radiation and pollution resulting in more rapid skin aging over time.
Add shaving and bearding to the mix and it comes down to one simple fact: men’s skin requires care that’s specially formulated to its unique needs.
Kiehl’s US President Chris Salgardo is a big fan (with an enviable beard) and shares a few tips of his own.
"Everything I use to cleanse my face, my Facial Fuel Cleanser, I take that and run it through my beard," says Salgardo. He also reminds new growers your beard is like the rest of your hair and needs to be treated as such with a conditioner and a treatment oil. "I always make sure I comb it and I always make sure I trim it. And then I like to put on oil in the mornings."
To learn more about essential skincare and grooming for men, we invite you to pick up a copy of Manmade, the essential reference guide for every man, written by Kiehl’s US President, Chris Salgardo.
Kiehl’s founding family member, Mr. Aaron Morse, was not only a U.S. Air Corps pilot, he was among the first in the skincare industry to identify men’s specific needs. In the 1960’s, Mr. Morse introduced innovative products, including: "Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion", and "White Eagle Shaving Cream" – to better serve men. Out of this tradition was born "Grooming Solutions Nourishing Beard Oil" – our latest addition to Kiehl’s heritage of listening to men and providing the finest skincare care solutions.